Sunday 18 August 2013

Estee Lauder's DayWear Advanced Multi-protection Anti-oxidant Creme


I am a huge fan of Estee Lauder, if I had to pick one brand to use for the rest of my makeup days, I think Estee Lauder would definitely be it (that's quite a bold statement for me haha). 
I recently got a sample of this day cream and instantly fell in love. 
My skin is combination and fairly oily through the t-zone so I tend to be really fussy when it comes to moisturisers as I have had some disasters in the past including breakouts and makeup meltdown.
I use the normal/oily version, although there is also one that is aimed at dry skin as well.


I love the packaging in particular as it is a nice weighty jar and looks quite pretty sat on my dresser. 
It's a fairly rich cream, with the typical 'DayWear' range scent of cucumbers which I find really nice and refreshing first thing in the morning, however I can imagine some with quite sensitive skin may find this an irritant. Some of the 'DayWear' line in the past has also irritated my eyes but so far I have had no problems.
I also love the fact it has an spf of 15 as I always struggle to find spf's that do not irritate my skin!


The only time I do not reach for this is if I am planning to go foundation free as I have found that by the middle of the day you can start looking quite oily. 
When buying moisturiser I always try to find something that will hydrate my skin without breakouts, and major oiliness. I feel that this works perfectly along side my double wear foundation, which can sometimes be quite drying when wearing it for a full day. 
I feel the main downside to Estee Lauders DayWear cream is the price as many would probably not want to fork out £40 for a face cream.
However they are always very helpful at counters with giving samples and this product regularly features when a counter is on 'gift' (free products given when you buy two or more items). 
Personally I will definitely continue to purchase this as I'm a huge fan, and I would recommend to any body looking for a new high-end face cream.
Thank you for reading.
Hannah -ox

No comments:

Post a Comment