Monday 7 October 2013

Soap & Glory The Ultimelt

.
I'm torn with this product, I think it's mainly because I love S&G and that so many people also love and rave about The Ultimelt. I want to love it, but unfortunately I don't.
I've not ventured too much into the Hot cloth cleansers, I've used Liz Earle before but only from borrowing my sisters (it was awful and stung my skin), I have also used No7's which surprisingly after using the Liz Earle I really liked and even bought my mum a gift set for Christmas.
I like to try be as unbiased as possible when trying new products, so I felt like given my past experience with hot cloth cleansers it was pretty even Stevens. 


The product its self has a very thick consistency, and when squeezing it out it almost reminded me of toothpaste (odd I know). The smell is similar to Liz Earle, fairly herbal not my cup of tea but I can cope with it. I massaged it in all over my face (it did have a slight sting but nowhere near as bad as Liz Earle) then removed with a flannel, I know it comes with a  muslin cloth, but I don't like them they always leave a residue on my skin. I used this as a first cleanse, and it's makeup removing power is pretty good, the more you massage the more it seems to remove, unfortunately this broke me out like nobodies business, I didn't realise at first what it was but after a few days going back to my Philosophy cleanser I soon realised that it was unfortunately this product. *sigh*
I then gave this to my mum to try, she has quite dehydrated but sensitive skin, and much to my utter disgust she is a face wipe worshiper.  To my surprise she actually had similar feelings to me (I didn't even discuss with her why I wanted her to try the product or the fact it had broken me out). Mum really didn't like the smell, and it also stung her skin, she actually felt that she needed to use a face wipe to remove the bulk of her makeup first (she too wears double wear) even when she double cleansed. This is more of a note to me too but she also said she'd of rather tried something that lathered *cringes* (it's always as little fuss and as quick as possible with her). 

Overall I am sad to say that I will not even be finishing this product let alone repurchasing. This is the first time I've ever really disliked something from Soap & Glory and I'm still in shock.
Obviously it would not stop me from continuing to buy their products, they are still one of my all time faves!

I hope this has been helpful! 
Thanks for reading, 

Hannah (& guest tester Mum) -ox


No comments:

Post a Comment