Wednesday 4 September 2013

Review: Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick in Bronze


So a few weeks back I found this in my Mum's make-up drawer being very unloved and unused. Obviously being the good Samaritan that I am I offered to take it off her hands and use it. Previously I did own the Shimmer brick in the colour Rose, this was all very pink toned and really really beautiful! Unfortunately it met it's untimely end when I dropped it and it smashed.


I love this product and I use it as a highlight, it is similar to Dior Amber Diamonds although I don't feel that it is as finely milled. 
I tend to steer towards the lighter end of the pan as I am fair skinned anyway, but I love the fact that there are some darker shades in there, I have used these on the eyes before, and on my friend who is more olive toned than me.
(this picture is without flash.)
As you can see there is not a huge ton of colour pay off, so if you are actually looking for a bronzer this is definitely not for you. 
(this picture is with flash)
However if you are looking for a really pretty bronze toned highlight, I would definitely recommend this.

I think if I was repurchasing the Bronze or the Rose, I'd pick the Rose, simply because I feel it works the best on my skin tone and it is similar to Rose Diamonds.
I think that now the autumn months are drawing in and I'm turning away from the bronze colours, I will be definitely putting it on my wish list. 
Overall this is one of my favourite items from Bobbi Brown, and one I'm sure I'll be repurchasing. 
This item is available at Bobbi Brown counters in the majority of department stores retailing for around £32
It does come in a variety of shades (Bronze, Rose, Nectar, Pink Quartz, and Beige) so I am sure that there is something to suit everyone!

Thanks for reading! 
Hannah -ox 

No comments:

Post a Comment