Sunday 29 September 2013

Schwarzkopf Got2b Oil-licious


It's a very rare occasion that I dislike something so much I won't use it. Unfortunately this is a rare occasion and I really dislike this product.
I know I mentioned in a previous Schwarzkopf post that I aren't a huge fan on hair oils, this is really personal preference and the fact they just don't seem to work in my hair. I think this oil really tipped me over the edge.
I realise this is not a hair oil aimed to really protect your hair or provide many benefits. It's marketed for 'tame and shine'. When I blow dry my hair I get a fair few fly aways so I aimed to use this for it's taming side.
Although I agree it did some what tame my hair, it completely dried it out, I don't know how I don't know why, but after a week of using it my ends felt really awful, and really dehydrated. As soon as I stopped using the product the problem ceased. 


I feel the oil is quite synthetic, it smells synthetic (and in my opinion not great), and is a very bright yellow colour. 
The next issue I also had was that it irritated my face, my hair is shoulder length, so it is fairly difficult to stop hair products getting onto my actual skin, and I started getting a skin irritation on my neck and jaw. I have sensitive skin so not everyone will find this.
Overall I just feel that this really missed the mark for me. This is available for £4.20 in most supermarkets and drugstores and I actually purchased it at half price so I don't feel like I have really lost out. 
This in no way would mean I wouldn't try anything else from Schwarzkopf my boyfriend really loves the mens hair range. I just really wouldn't recommend this product in particular!
Thanks for reading!

Hannah -ox

No comments:

Post a Comment