Tuesday 10 September 2013

Review: Sleek Rose Gold Blush


I'm just going to come out and say it... I really, reaaaally didn't like this blush.
I'm quite fussy when it comes to blushes, I prefer coral and peach tones.
 I was in Superdrug a while back looking for some drugstore blushes.
I was drawn to the sleek stand as I know it's quite a raved about brand in the beauty and blogging world. I  swatched Rose Gold in the shop and it seemed really pretty on the back of my hand and definitely a colour I would usually be drawn too, so I decided to buy it.


I know a lot of blogs suggest that this is a dupe for Nars Orgasm which I love, but personally I think it is much more coral toned.
Now...for the reasons I dislike this. When I apply this too my cheeks I'm left with nothing but a slight bit of colour and a lot of sparkle, don't get me wrong, I love a bit of sparkle but this just really didn't suit me. 
I feel that the sparkly bits in the blush, are not as finely milled as those that are in Orgasm, and instead of giving a healthy glow to my cheek just made me look a bit disco ball like.
I really have tried to like this blush, I've changed how I apply it, the brush I apply it with, and even tried layering it. Still with no avail this is definitely a fail in my opinion.
It really did surprise me as SO many people seem to love this. 
I think I may give it to my best friend and see what she thinks.

I wouldn't tell you to not buy this as I feel there are a large amount of reviews that suggest this is a really great blush. 
Being priced at £4.49 I don't feel that it was a huge loss.
However this is one Beauty Bandwagon I will not be riding on.

Thanks for reading
Hannah -ox

No comments:

Post a Comment