Thursday 12 September 2013

Review: Philosophy Purity Cleanser.


I'm a huge fan of double cleansing, and for the first part of my cleanse I absolutely LOVE using Purity, made simple cleanser by Philosophy.
I first used this cleanser when I received it in my Beauty Advent Calendar last advent. I loved it so much I purchased the full size, which is fairly pricey £28.50, however you do get 480ml and this bottle has lasted me a good 5-6 months, and I still have around a 1/4 left.
It's a fairly natural product, with natural oils and no real skincare nasties which really attracted me to buying the full size. 
It claims to remove makeup, cleanse the skin and tone. However I only really use it to cleanse off the bulk of my makeup, and it is seriously good at that!
I wear Estee Lauder double wear foundation, and that is notoriously difficult to remove, I struggled for a long time to find something that could remove it all, and not break me out, or irritate my skin.


The product its self is like a thick liquid, it's much thicker than a cleansing milk, but not quite as thick as a gel or balm. I massage it in all over my face, including my eyes then remove with hot water and a flannel.
The scent is fairy herbal, and I wasn't overly keen at first but now it doesn't really bother me.
The only have two negatives about this product the first being that the packaging has a tendency to leak, the small version does come with a better closing top, the large version can open itself and make a huge mess if you are travelling!
The second being that if I use this product alone or as a second cleanse it has broken me out, it works perfectly for a first cleanse but when used as a second cleanse the natural oils are just too heavy for my acne prone skin. This however would seriously be amazing for more dry and dehydrated skin! 

Overall I seriously love this product, I recently bought the Ultimelt by Soap and Glory which just doesn't compare I will review this when I have given it a fair good testing. I also have purchased the ever famous Emma Hardie cleansing Balm which I haven't even opened yet.
It may be a while before I purchase the Purity cleanser again but there is no doubt about whether I will. It is truly one of the best cleansers that I have ever used! I really do recommend to anyone who is looking for a new cleanser. It is also available in boots in a 90ml trial size for £8.00 if the price tag puts you off!
Thank you for reading!
Hannah -ox

No comments:

Post a Comment